I’ve finally broken down and decided it was time for me to buy an eReader. I still love print books and will continue to build my library, but an eReader will be much more convenient to use while traveling.
So now the question is should I get the new Kindle 3G or the Barnes & Noble Nook 3G?
Here’s what appeals to me about the Kindle:
- The no glare screen
- Battery charge can last up to a month with wireless off
- Great contrast
- Fast uploading time – about 60 seconds
- Free 3G web browsing
Here’s what appeals to me about the Nook:
- The Nook supports formats like ePUB, so I can get books from the local library
- Color screen (but it does eat up the battery life)
- Replaceable battery
- I can share and lend books with others who have compatible devices
Any thoughts? Suggestions?