About the book
The right quote at the right time can change everything-Steve Jobs once read “Stay hungry. Stay foolish” on the back cover of The Whole Earth Catalog, and those four words came to guide his life. Pithy but profound nuggets of big-picture wisdom can give anyone direction, courage, and inspiration.
Created by Kathryn and Ross Petras, whose books and calendars have over 5.6 million copies in print, “Dance First. Think Later” is a collection of the greatest life wisdom from an unexpected group of speakers, doers, and thinkers. There are 618 rules to live by-funny, thoughtful, offhanded, clever, and always profound:
- “Spend the afternoon. You can’t take it with you.”-Annie Dillard
- “If everything is under control, you are going too slow.” -Mario Andretti
- “The only time to eat diet food is while you’re waiting for the steak to cook.” -Julia Child
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” ―Dr. Seuss (Theodor Geisel)
- “Don’t think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity.” ―Ray Bradbury
“Dance First. Think Later” is the perfect timeless gift for recent graduates, newlyweds, new home owners, or anyone looking for a little uplift and direction.
Mandatory entry: Please comment on this post with your e-mail address.
Extra entries (please post each entry separately, i.e. 2 posts for subscribing):
– Subscribe via e-mail, follow or subscribe to the feed. You must verify the subscriptions. (1 entry each)
– Enter another current giveaway (1 entry each)
– Follow on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (1 entry – please provide a link to the tweet)
This giveaway is open to US and Canada residents only. Deadline to enter is midnight on March 11, 2011.
Giveaway copy is provided free of any obligation by Workman Publishing. No monetary or any other form of compensation was received.